Dr Dominic Furniss & Dr Jonathan Back
This two-hour workshop was designed to introduce about 20 researchers and industry folk to the Resilience Markers Framework and our work on resilience strategies. There are four parts:
- An introduction to our perspective on resilience;
- an exercise where we split participants into groups to theme #rsdiary posts;
- exercise discussion and debrief; and
- then an introduction to the Resilience Markers Framework.
The thematic analysis was open in that we did not give participants any existing themes or structure, the exercise could be easier by giving participants a coding scheme to work with. This coding scheme could come from Furniss et al. (2012).
The workshop could be extended or complemented by participants offering their own strategies.
- Introductory slides for workshop
- List of resilience strategies for classification
- Paper: Furniss, D., Back, J. & Blandford, A. Cognitive Resilience: Can we use Twitter to make strategies more tangible? Proc. ECCE 2012.